Som en del af en generel sund kost, er indtaget af fuldkorn forbundet med lavere risiko for flere sygdomme. Fuldkorn er en kilde til kulhydrater, flere næringsstoffer og kostfiber. Kornproteiner har lav kvalitet på grund af mangler i essentielle aminosyrer, hovedsageligt lysin. I modsætning hertil har proteinerne fra pseudocerealerne en høj næringsværdi.
Referencer[redigér | redigér wikikode]
- European Commission in the Communities 6th Framework Programme, Integrated Project HEALTHGRAIN (2013). Whole grain definition. Hentet 3 June 2017.
- Whole Grains. AACC. Hentet 3 June 2017.
- van der Kamp, JW (2013). "Whole Grain Definition: New Perspectives for Inclusion of Grains and Processing but not for Analysis". Cfw Plexus. doi:10.1094/CPLEX-2013-1001-08B. Hentet 3 June 2017.
- Whole Grains and Fiber. American Heart Association. 2016. Hentet 1 December 2016. "Dietary fiber from whole grains, as part of an overall healthy diet, may help improve blood cholesterol levels, and lower risk of heart disease, stroke, obesity and type 2 diabetes."
- Whole Grain Fact Sheet. European Food Information Council. 1 January 2009. Hentet 6 December 2016.
- Whole Grain Resource for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: A Guide to Meeting the Whole Grain-Rich Criteria. US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. January 2014. "Additionally, menu planners are encouraged to serve a variety of foods that meet whole grain-rich criteria and may not serve the same product every day to count for the HUSSC whole grain-rich criteria."
- All About the Grains Group. US Department of Agriculture, MyPlate. 2016. Hentet 6 December 2016.
- Shewry, PR. Impacts of agriculture on human health and nutrition – Vol. II - Improving the Protein Content and Quality of Temperate Cereals: Wheat, Barley and Rye. UNESCO - Encyclopedia Life Support Systems (UNESCO-EOLSS). Hentet 2 June 2017. "When compared with the WHO requirements of essential amino acids for humans, wheat, barley and rye are seen to be deficient in lysine, with threonine being the second limiting amino acid (Table 1)."
- Nutritional quality of cereals. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Hentet 1 June 2017.
- Robin F, Théoduloz C, Srichuwong S (2015). "Properties of extruded whole grain cereals and pseudocereals flours". International Journal of Food Science & Technology 50 (10): 2152–2159. doi:10.1111/ijfs.12893. Hentet 3 June 2017.
- "The gluten-free diet: safety and nutritional quality". Nutrients 2 (1): 16–34. 2010. doi:10.3390/nu2010016. PMID 22253989.
- Biesiekierski JR (2017). "What is gluten?". J Gastroenterol Hepatol 32 Suppl 1: 78–81. doi:10.1111/jgh.13703. PMID 28244676. "Similar proteins to the gliadin found in wheat exist as secalin in rye, hordein in barley, and avenins in oats and are collectively referred to as “gluten.” The gluten found in all of these grains has been identified as the component capable of triggering the immune-mediated disorder, coeliac disease.".
- "The Oslo definitions for coeliac disease and related terms". Gut 62 (1): 43–52. January 2013. doi:10.1136/gutjnl-2011-301346. PMID 22345659.